- Find your reasons and be sure you wanna do it:
Ask yourself why you are doing it and how much you want it. Is this what you really want? Why? Write your reasons to read them when you need motivation
- Don’t blame yourself for “cheating”:
Allow yourself to take as much time as needed while doing your transition, respect yourself and don’t get mad with yourself for not doing things the way you wanted. Becoming plant based is a whole lifestyle change and it can be hard, so dont push yourself too hard and do it in as much time as needed
There’s a lot of plant based/vegans in Instagram, Tumblr and even in Facebook. You can talk to them so they can share their experiences with you, share recipes and support you when you need it, some cities also have groups of vegans, join them!. And also ask your beloved people to support you (I know this is the hardest step for some people) and don’t take you down. Explain them that you are doing this for yourself and it makes you feel good, if they still dont like it, dont care! You’ve to take care of yourself and as long as you enjoy it, do it, don’t listen to others.
- Become friends with your kitchen:
If you aren’t already! Dedicate time to cooking, try new things and learn how to cook adding more flavor to things, the more you cook the better you will be. This is not about removing foods, it’s about adding them! Try new kind of beans, veggies , fruits and seeds, try new ways to eat them, have fun!
- Try plant based versions of your favorite dishes:
There’s a PB variation for everything; burgers, tacos, ice cream, cheesecake, chocolate milk, find recipes for free in many blogs (Chocolate Covered Katie is my favorite) and try them so you wont stop yourself of treat foods :)
This is my life rule, eat food you really like and enjoy eating, there’s no shame on feeling pleasure when you eat your food, it will make you feel comfortable and happy because you eat things you like.
Visit different stores/farmers market, meet the people who produce your food, make sure you are buying HQ plant based food, read product labels and buy the healthier one. If you buy your own food, you can choose fresh fruits and veggies and check if there is something new to get :)
- Enjoy every step and all the improvements in your lifestyle:
Enjoy your transition. You will feel better in many ways, enjoy them :) Enjoy eating new foods, sharing with new people and being healthier than you’ve ever been.
- Always remember to go with a doctor to check your blood before you become plant based, so you can see if you are lacking some nutrients and also track how your health gets better. There’s no one better than a professional to help you to do it right.
- If you are not feeling fine about it because it’s too much psychological pressure, stop! You don’t have to become plant based overnight! You can start doing small changes and finish your transition whenever you are ready :)